Saturday, November 26, 2016

Framing the walls… the treehouse starts to take shape


Once the walls started to get framed out and hoisted up onto the platform, it really started to feel like a treehouse was finally coming together. The first wall (pictured here) which was planned for the south side was built with nails. In retrospect I should have used exterior-grade screws, as I did with all the other walls – it would have been easier, faster to build square and by the time I finally got the roof over it, the nails were starting to rust. Oh well… Some people advocate building the walls up on the platform itself so you don’t need to hoist the walls up, while others suggest building them on the ground with lots of space all around, and then hoisting them up. As it was, my footprint was pretty small, so once one wall was up, I really couldn't build too many others, plus I had removed my pulley system before the previous winter and never got it set up again, so…. I did most of the wall construction down on the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment