Sunday, October 9, 2016

Initial manifesto and mission statement

Ideally, with enough foresight, I would have started this blog at the initial seed of thought that drove me to build a tree house. But what fun is that, and who even knew if this idea would get off the ground... in my own backyard. But here we are and two years gone, the treehouse is well on its way.

So, construction began in the summer of 2014, when the solstice twins were 7 years old. Seemed like a good time to start. This being my first treehouse, I started by reading blogs and books (more on that later), and watching treehouse masters on animal planet for inspiration.

Why is this taking so freakin' long to build? Well, two main reasons: 1) i don't know what I'm doing, and 2) I want to go slow, think through how best to solve the problems that arise from trying to build around nature, and appreciate the steps along the way - the contemplative treehouse.

It's now October 2016 and this blog will catch up to "the present", and move forward along with the construction process. Have fun reading through this, but I'm also doing this for myself, so I better remember all the little things I've learned in building this magical treehouse (yes, they really are all magical, i know ;) )...

No comments:

Post a Comment